Saturday 5 January 2013

Peruvian's know how to party with style

So I finally arrived in Peru yesterday after a total of 30ish hours of travelling. The last part of my journey was an 8 hour bus journey from Lima to Trujillo which in my mind wasn't going to be very fun. I was very very wrong. The bus journey was like travelling first class- massive seats which turned into a bed, a pillow, a blanket, a tv, dinner and breakfast. I felt like a rockstar on tour.

The Peruvian Bus
The family I'm staying with are lovely- Pam, Rich, Lucas (who's 4) and Emily (nearly 2). A missionary guy Chris from Bolivia is also staying with us at the moment because he's teaching part of a training course that's starting in the Church on Monday. I haven't seen a lot of Trujillo yet apart from the Church, the mall and the crazy driving. The peruvians somehow manage to fit cars in to gaps that would only fit half a british car!

Today I was lucky enough to experience a one year old's birthday party and trust me, you haven't been to a real birthday party until you go to a Peruvian one. So the party 'started' at 3.30pm but naturally people didn't start to arrive until at least 5.00pm. (We were the first people by a long way.. 4.15pm) One lady and baby even turned up at 7.00pm! The theme was Dora the Explora therefor everything had dora on it and they even had two characters walking about. Food was handed out constantly, games were played, music was on and kids were running about. It was great fun!


Game: see which child can feed their mum the fastest


The food table- purple corn jelly, drinks, popcorn, cake
All the children with Dora
Massive Pinyata 









































Tomorrow is Church, then out for lunch and I'm not sure what after that. I'm having a great time so far and thank you to everyone who is praying for me. I really appreciate it!





1 comment:

  1. That bus journey some hard Seren, but someone has to do it! Glad you are enjoying it. With love from Rose-Anne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete