Wednesday 9 January 2013

From French to Spanish

I've been here nearly a week now which is a bit crazy. A bible course started running in the Church on Monday so each day we go to a devotional in the morning from 10-11am. This is given by a french guy and translated into spanish by a peruvian- a very strange experience. Yesterday and today however I think I managed to understand a little bit which is an improvement from the first day. By the end of it my brain is slightly fried though. I'm having spanish lessons with a really nice lady called Lizzie at 4pm every afternoon and the deal is she teaches spanish to me and I try and teach english to her. Yesterday we also had lunch with all the students at the church so that was interesting trying a proper peruvian meal. There was also a debate about whether or not I should drink the juice but the conclusion was that I may as well because I'm here for more than 2 weeks. Lucky me.

Pam the mum in the family I'm staying with loves baking too so it's great! She made this amazing chocolate cake last night which we had with Pizzas from Papa Johns- two for tuesdays.


Malteaser cake! - I know, it looks so good. 

The view from the apartment 

We are having loads of people over for lunch today so it will be pretty busy and then after I think we might go for a walk to explore a park down the road.



Inside the apartment 









1 comment:

  1. It really good to read your blog. It looks that you continue to enjoy your time there. Glad you experienced the opening ceremony of the roundabout. That is just a taster!!!

    ReplyDelete