Friday 18 January 2013

Peru, you get better each day

Two weeks has gone past so fast. This week I've been going to the devotionals at the Church each day then having spanish in the afternoon with Lizzie. I think I am starting to understand a little bit which is rather useful since all the talks, meetings and activities are done in spanish (obviously). Tomorrow I'm giving my first english lesson at the orphanage with a class of about 8 boys I think so hopefully they will understand what I'm trying to teach. I've also realised by helping Lizzie that we have different words for things than the Americans/Canadians- Bin (garbage, trash), Trousers (pants), Rubber (eraser).

Yesterday I went to a fruit market for the first time- there was so much fresh fruit, it was amazing! 


Peruvian fruit market



There weather here is constantly sunny and getting hotter day which I love but I do have to admit though that I'm slightly jealous of missing all the snow at home. 

The contrast in weather 6000 miles apart 
Yesterday I think I had my most interesting meal yet- fish head.

He was looking at me 


God has been so good to me and He's showing me new things each day. 

"Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts."1 John 5:21 

I read this verse the other day and it made me remember to keep perspective of what life's actually about. 


1 comment:

  1. Never had fish head for dinner. Glad to read that you are having a good time in Peru, learning a lot of thing. Please say hi to Pam, the Twinems for us. Elmer

    ReplyDelete