Monday 11 February 2013

The Superbowl Weekend

If you cast your minds back to last weekend, that is where I'm going to start. On the Friday Ibem finally finished so we had a fancy lunch to celebrate followed by a trip to Huanchaco beach with the students who hadn't left for home yet. This was great fun.. we played beach volleyball, girls v boys (girls won by a mile!), watched the sun set and ate picarones (peruvian doughnuts). It was a beautiful way to start the weekend. The Twinems also came over for a Sherlock night which made it even better. On the Saturday I went to the cinema with Anne-Laure and Kelly (a girl who had volunteered in the orphanage for a year in 2011 and was visiting again for a week) to watch Una Aventura Extraordinaria (Life of Pi). Unfortunately it was in spanish but I decided that that didn't really matter seeing as the main part of the story is told by actions and the scenery. If you haven't seen it I would definitely recommend going and seeing it in 3D.

That night I went to a meeting at the Church that Anne-Laure had organised for some of the youth who were interested in going to the orphanage. Basically once a week a group of us are going to go and put on different activities for the kids. The idea is that what ever activity we choose, we can relate it in some way to the bible and how God wants us to live our lives. So for this Saturday we were planning a 'Carnival' for all the children. What made me happy was that at the end of the meeting I actually understood what was going on and wasn't sitting there clueless! 

Sunday was also a great day and I thanked God so much for all the things he is doing for me here. In the morning I was finding the language really difficult and was generally just feeling a bit down but that feeling soon disappeared as the day went on. Mum told me at the end of the day that Deeside was praying for me in the evening service (around lunch time here) so thank you so much to everyone there because I really felt your prayers and really appreciated it! - God is so good and never fails to amaze me in the way he works- In the evening I went to a Superbowl party with Kelly at a girl's flat that she knows. This was exciting for me because I had never really watched the Superbowl before and it made it better since I was actually watching it in the right time zone.


Superbowl Cupcakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment