Monday 11 February 2013

Picaduras

This week started quite slowly but soon picked up as the days went by. On Wednesday night the Twinem girls came over for chicken quesidillas and chocolate fondue so we could watch another episode of Sherlock. I seriously am going to come home fat. On Thurday I went with Ronnie and Pablo and two others to the orphanage for what I thought was going to be a morning of just hanging with kids. I wore shorts like I usually do but realised part of the way through the morning that this was a very very bad move. We were sweeping leaves in the sand, along with sand flies, mosquitos and spiders. I came away with 45 bites only on my legs. Thankfully after that I did manage to spend some time with kids and naturally they all found the situation with my legs very funny. Some of the girls taught me a hand clap thing so I will have to try and remember it for when I come home and I can bring it to Scotland.

Friday was another busy day- teaching english in the orphanage, followed by lunch with the Twinems and then onto the gringas bible study/leaving party for Karianne at Anne-Laure's house. I loved teaching the children this week because I think they are finally beginning to trust me a little bit more. It makes me sad though because that will probably be one of the last times I teach because this Thursday I am going to Pucallpa (a town in the jungle) for two weeks and by the time I get back their school might have started. I guess I will see what happens.


My youngest group: 4-7 year old 

Of course, they need incentive.. SWEETS



Once again I felt so challenged after the bible study and loved watching and hearing about how much love all these ladies have for the Lord. After the study we had a caramel and cheese fondue (which was amazing) and watched Les Miserables. This was a perfect way to end the week.


Fondue 

No comments:

Post a Comment