Wednesday 13 February 2013

2 Towns 1 Day

Town No.1 Cascas

On Sunday morning I went with Steve and some friends to Cascas, a small town in the lower mountains. I was supposed to be doing the children's programme in a Church there in SPANISH but when we arrived there were no children so I didn't have to teach. (Luckily for them). The journey up to the town was so beautiful.. it went from bare nothing to green green grass in a matter of turns and twists up the road. Mountains and rice paddy fields surrounded us as we drove higher and higher. There are no words to describe the beauty of the landscape and sadly my photos don't even come close to the real thing. After 2 hours we arrived in Cascas. Steve led the Church service, and when he started we had a congregation of 4. I think around another 3 people joined us at various points throughout the service. It felt more like a family coming together to worship our Lord- the way Church should be I think. We wasted no time on the way home, as Lizzi and I had to get back to Trujillo so we could going camping with the group of young adults from the Church.


Before heading into the mountains




At the bottom of the mountains


On our journey upwards

Rice paddy fields




In Cascas

The view from Cascas



Town No.2 Shiran

After arriving back in Trujillo Lizzi and I caught a combi to another town 45 minutes away, a bit lower down from Cascas (in the opposite direction however) called Shiran. The young adults group from the Church were going camping on their weekend away and somehow I managed to get an invite. We were camping in the back garden (a big field) of a family's farm house. Chickens, dogs, turkeys and ducks were also camping with us. This was quite a strange experience. In the afternoon we went for a walk up a hill behind the field so that we could watch the sun set behind the mountains. It was spectacular but again you can't really see the beauty from my photos. On the way up we passed mangos, limes, lucuma, bananas and pineapple all growing on trees or in a field!

CAMPING


Watching the sunset
Mangos
Pineapple
For dinner we walked down the track into the village and ate at a restaurant where I could actually see the family in the kitchen cooking our meal. I think the piece of chicken I had was one of the nicest tasting chickens I've been served! Louis gave a talk after dinner back at the campsite and we spent some time in worship and prayer. One of things I noticed about this group of young people is that they have such a heart for God. Everything we did He would always come first. The rest of the evening was spent around the campfire that we'd made: singing songs, playing games and having a talent show (I did Scottish dancing with a Peruvian- be proud). The next day was so beautiful once again so we spent it playing games in the sun, lying in the shade and swimming in a pool down in the village. Somehow I was persuaded to jump in with all my clothes on. (They were the only clothes I had).

The campfire
His talent- walking through fire
Everyone
All in all it was an amazing weekend and I loved spending time with a group of new people. God has been so good to me and I can't thank him enough for all the blessings I'm experiencing.













No comments:

Post a Comment