Tuesday 20 November 2012

Halfway

I can't believe it's now my third week in NI. The time has gone really fast and I've loved all the things that I've been doing. Each week has been packed with so many different activities - assemblies, SU's, visitation, rallies, mums and toddlers, kids clubs, addicts, bible studies, lunches, dinners.. I feel like I have joined in with nearly every group in the Church! This past weekend I went on the YF weekend away which is a weekend where all the youth go away, spend time with God, have 'banter' and eat food. I had a really great time and I learnt so much through the different sessions and group discussions we had and feel really challenged about where God's leading my life. The weekend was based on the book of Jonah- how if God is calling us to do something we need to get up and do it and no matter what situation we're in God will hear us when we call out to him- "l cried out to the Lord in my great trouble, and he answered me." Jonah ch1v2.

This week I'm staying with Heidi and her two girls Ellie and Lara because Glenn's lecturing in Motherwell at the Glow college so it's all fun and games! Yesterday I had a great day, shopping and out for lunch with a lovely lady called Eleanor, then to a kids club at Scrabo Estate, dinner with another v.nice couple and then onto the addicts group in the evening again which I really enjoyed. Today was also another really good day, mainly out doing visitation with George which I love. About to head to bed now but hopefully I will update this sooner than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment