Monday 5 November 2012

First few days in Newtownards

I had my first full day yesterday which was great and I'm staying with a lovely family this first week who are looking after me very well!  I was interviewed in Church on Sunday morning (which was a bit scary) and then I sat through a P3 sunday school class. The kids were so cute, all with their wee irish accents! The family that I'm staying with are home group leaders and in the afternoon their home group was meeting at their house. I joined in with that which was nice and then in the evening I went to the youth fellowship (yf) at the Church. This is more of a social on a Sunday night because they have their main sessions on a Friday.

Today I was lucky to have a lie in this morning because I wasn't meeting Glenn until 12pm. Glenn is the guy who's in charge of me for the month and sorting out all my different placements and activities. After I met him at 12pm I went round to his and his wife's house for lunch and we had toasties. They were really yummy! At 1pm, Glenn and I went to a scripture union at a primary school to do a small talk and see the children. We were only there for about twenty minutes and then we headed back to the Church so that he could show me where the offices are and so I could have a look at my timetable for the week. (I even have my own office!) At 3pm, I joined in with an after school club called the Crux and we made cute little frogs out of jumping clay. If you haven't used or heard of jumping clay then you are missing out! It is actually the coolest thing ever, so exciting! After that I came home and had dinner and then shortly after went back out to the Church to help out at the addicts group. About five or so men came and we had a lot of fun eating soup and doing our own version of 'Who Wants to be a Millionare'. It was boys v girls but sadly the boys won. (I think we secretly let them win though)

I've loved my first few days so far and I'm so thankful that God has put me in a Church that has so much going on and where everyone is so welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment