Wednesday 7 November 2012

Becoming a local

So I feel a bit more at home now in Northern Ireland, although I did have to ask someone to translate for me yesterday which was a bit awkward.
I have enjoyed every minute of my time so far and I can feel God moving in my life even in the few days that I've had already.
Yesterday was probably the busiest day I've had so far and I can say that I was completely exhausted by the end of it! I went to Glenn's house for nine and we headed off to one of the schools in the area to do an assembly. I just had to sit at the side and watch (which I was secretly thankful of as it was quite scary being stared at by hundreds of little faces). After the assembly Glenn thought it would be nice to stop off at Castle Garden's primary school to have a casual cuppa with the principal. This was lovely and it was great just being able to drop by a school and talk to the head teacher! We then went back to Church and then home for lunch to have sausage rolls and beans. After lunch I was picked up by a man called George who does a lot of visits to elderly and ill people. He is such an amazing man and I could just see Jesus shining through his eyes. I spent the afternoon with him and we visited three different people. It was great speaking to each of them and such a blessing working with him. I think it was probably my favourite afternoon so far. At 5pm George then dropped me at a family's house where I was having dinner and then I went straight on to a Junior Girls rally. This is kinda like a girls brigade group or brownies. After this I went to the prayer meeting and then finally home for my bed. Even though it was so busy, I loved joining in with each of the different activities and I felt God speaking to me and putting things on my heart throughout the day.

I was going to write about today as well but I don't think that's going to happen because it is too late now and bed is calling. I'll hopefully do it tomorrow.


8.11.12
Had another great day today and I am so excited about seeing my two amazing friends Sarah and Hattie tomorrow. They arrive at 2.30pm so Glenn and I are picking them up from the Belfast bus station and then we're going to have a fun packed weekend of leprechauns and rainbows (thanks Sarah).

2 comments:

  1. Heyyyy, Loving knowing what you are up too.I sent you a letter and a package for peru so please look out for that when you get home. Love youxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seren! Good to pick up on your news. All sound positive so far. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Hang on in there. All our love in the Lord.
    Robert & Muriel H.

    ReplyDelete