Thursday 21 March 2013

Lima- The capital of Peru


This was an added bonus that I didn’t think I would have. The family that I stayed with in Pucallpa has an apartment in a beautiful area of Lima called Miraflores and they said I could spend the weekend there with them before I left to go back to Trujillo. I arrived late on the Friday night so we just had time to eat and then go to bed before our busy day tomorrow.


Miraflores



I woke up to the cheery voices of Abbie and Elijah singing a club song (that was then stuck in our heads the rest of the day) and then they took me out to show me the parks and the beach nearby. We walked about two minutes and we were on the cliff promenade that over looked the surfers and crashing waves. It was only 8.30am but the world was alive. Dogs and their owners passed us by along with many runners and early morning walkers. There were aerobic classes, dog classes and individuals exercising in the various parks along the cliff side, while others worked out on the exercise machines that were sporadically planted at different bends in the walk. It was completely different to the Lima that I was expecting. 

Abbie and Elijah on our walk along the coast


Count the number of surfers

   We got Maracuya smoothies after and then headed away from the beach into the center where we browsed through the Inka Market. I loved seeing all the different souvenirs but had to stop myself from spending all my money.


Smoooothies (Abbie feeling in cold)


Inka Market



We stopped for a delicious lunch at their favourite restaurant and then got a taxi to some famous water fountains. This was loads of fun, running through the water and trying to count the amount of parrots we could see. The day was nearly over, but it didn’t end until I saw the circle of fire in the air that was the sun setting, with parachutes blowing in the foreground from paraglyders having come into land.

Our amazing lunch


Water fountains


.. and again

And me with the fountains



Running through the fountains.. can you find us?


The paraglyders waiting to run off the cliff



My weekend had been amazing and I really appreciated how much kindness Cristina and her kids had shown me. I said another goodbye and then got a taxi across Lima to the airport for my 9.15pm flight. I had one more week in Trujillo before I left again to go to Cajamarca in the mountains.

Cristina, Abbie and Elijah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment